Transport Oakland works to elect government leaders in Oakland who support the enactment of safe, sustainable and equitable transportation policies. The organization worked for the establishment of a strong, independent Department of Transportation for the City of Oakland and continues efforts for better transportation infrastructure and for Oakland.
We support and promote a vision of transportation infrastructure and policy that will bring livability, vitality, sustainability, and equity to Oakland.
In support of that vision, our policy agenda includes the following priorities:
- Support the Agency: Provide OakDOT with the backing and resources it needs to be successful
- Involve the People: Broaden community input into transportation-related decisions
- Fix the Streets: Support existing projects and processes that promote safe, multi-modal, street use
Join us in our efforts to make transportation better in Oakland!
- Encourage our elected officials to support good transportation policies. Contact your Oakland City Council member and/or representatives to the BART and AC Transit districts to encourage them to support Transport Oakland priorities;
- Attend public meetings affecting transportation policy in Oakland and Transport Oakland events;
- Check out our Blog and Sign up to receive email updates on transportation policy issues affecting Oakland residents;
- Contribute to the discussion: Join the Transport Oakland policy committee’s and come check out a monthly working session.
- Come talk transportation with us at a Happy Hour.
- Contact us with your thoughts.